Monday, September 11, 2006

Newfie running

I can't say that Canada was a fruitful training ground - it was beautiful, but not fruitful, largely because of the blessed hills! I couldn't run anywhere without having to scale some pretty hefty mounds!

This fact, coupled with an energy-sapping illness, meant I was not a prolific runner on the North American continent. That said, I did get out twice. The first outing was 6-7 miles (hard to tell with the hills!) in 58:23. While the next day was a taxing 9M that involved running up the biggest hill in the world (now obviously I am not claiming to have run up Mt Everest, but this thing came a close second! It went up and up and went on for miles!). Bearing that in mind I was glad to finish the run in 1:24:47.

Not much to show for 9 days in Canada, but every little helps!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home