Sunday, August 20, 2006

My kinda town

Today wasn’t about distance or PB's as much as just keeping going. I’d set myself the challenge of running for 2 hours – which I did (2 hrs 1 min 58 secs to be precise!), covering 16 miles in the process.

It perhaps goes without saying that when you’re running for so long you do cover a bit of ground and in a ‘town’ like London you get to see a few things. Here’s some of the ‘things’ I saw this morning…

The Tower of London, the towered bridge that some Americans thought they had purchased a while back, City Hall, Southwark Cathedral, a very empty Borough Market, Drake’s golden Hinde (which I first saw as a 9 year old when it ‘toured’ the UK and made it up to my home town!), Shakespeare’s (the Cockney rogue?!) Globe, the Tate Modern, the Oxo Tower, the Royal Festival Hall, the Royal Courts of Justice, Fleet Street, St. Paul’s Cathedral (which is looking great at the moment – well the parts that have been blasted clean), and the golden crowned Monument. I also ran past numerous people sleeping out where they had dropped and about 13 Pizza Expresses – city life!

Lots of folk travel thousands of miles to see these places, but for me it’s just 16!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home