Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Typical!

I pay my money and my legs turn to lead!

This morning was a right drag - literally. It was a drag when the alarm went off at 6am and it was still pretty dark. It was a drag when my radio couldn;t find a decent reception for more than 5 minutes. And it was a drag when, after 2 miles, I wanted to ditch it and get the bus home (this being the very reason that I never take any money with me - you don't want to make it too easy to sack it!). It was a drag because I had another 10 miles to go!

Ultimately I still dragged myself around in 1:29:04, but I didn't really enjoy it. Which was a shame as I'd plotted my first route around the Isle of Dogs/Canary Wharf - a run that allowed me to relive possibly my favorite part of the 2005 London Marathon (one of the many places where I saw Lisa and the Weeman). But there won't be too many happy memories from this morning - hopefully next April will be different?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home