Tuesday, September 19, 2006

The East End at night

Tonight was my first night run - 4M in an 'easy' 29:16 and it's fair to say that the sights, sounds and smells are different at night.

The sounds change because its dark! I feel the need to concentrate a little more, so the radio gets ditched and we go 'natural'.

The smells change because its late! I still get the odd lung-full of bus fumes, but its mixed with the fragrance emanating from the endless fried chicken places desperately seeking business.

The sights change because there's a call to prayer and numerous Muslims end to a mosque that seems to operate from someones front room. I guess if Christians can have house church Muslims can have house mosque. I wonder if they've thought of 'Cafe mosque'?!

2 Comments:

Blogger Thomas said...

I get those exhuast fumes when im on my bike!

Wendy is also gonna meet us at HQ at 1pm. Shes meeting me at reception because she is avoiding Graeme. Me and Wendy also planned to go Nandos on friday but she couldnt make it.

Would you wanna go Nandos tomorrow lunch or somewhere else. Im not too fussed where we all go really so its up to you two.

See ya tomorrow.

4:19 AM  
Blogger nick said...

Nandos will be just fine for me - it'll bring back happy memories of when I used to 'work' at THQ!

4:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home