Saturday, April 07, 2007

That'll learn me!

At the end of September (two weeks before the Cardiff marathon!) I happened to mention how I'd done rather well to train for two 26-milers without any significant injuries(!) - I'll not be saying that again! About 3 days later my hamstring went and so have the last 6 months!

Not only did I train for and miss Cardiff, for the first time in four attempts I got a place for London which I've had to postpone until next year. Coupled with the fact that a stack of friends are also running it this year, it's fair to say that I'm a little gutted. With mates chatting about how their training is going and 'Runners World' landing on the door step every month there has been no getting away from the frustration of a prolonged injury.

But thankfully all things come to pass (hopefully!) and so last night, tentatively I laced up again and headed out for what Lisa instructed had to be 'a gentle 3M jog'. And it was (22:30 gentle). And so far as I can tell from the morning after 'we're' doing OK, but as I foolishly said back in September - 'it's a matter of time'!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home