Wednesday, October 04, 2006

DISASTER?!

I said it would be a 'matter of time', and it seems that 'time has told' and the story ain't good - in fact, it could be a blinkin' disaster!

With just 10 days to go to the Cardiff marathon (the training for which has occupied a large part of my life for the last 14 weeks!) I had to hobble back from my 6M session this morning - unable to complete the last mile. It would seem that the 'sore thigh' that greeted me post-race on Saturday has deteriorated somewhat?!

Having literally just booked my train tickets for heading westward, one could surely be forgiven for labelling this injury crisis a disaster!

(N.B: However frustrating, I am fully aware that in the scheme of things (even a small scheme!) this unfortunate development is anything but a 'disaster', but rabbinic exaggeration always goes down well!)

4 Comments:

Blogger Thomas said...

What does this mean?

Hope you still get to run the Cardiff marathon. You have worked so hard.

Hope the ceromony (forgot what it was called exacly) goes well over the weekend.

Give my Love to the family and I hope you recover from this disaster.

And Nick...you exagerate as muh as you want! its the best way!

3:55 PM  
Blogger Roz Lynch said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:14 PM  
Blogger Roz Lynch said...

ouch...I hope you recover and that disaster turns into triumph...or at the very least two legs that work...together...in the right direction...at the same time...

I can hear the cheers and applause and strains of Chariots of Fire...

De-de de-de dah dah...De-de de-de dah dah...

12:16 PM  
Blogger The Smiths said...

You can always join me and the other fatties and jog round the half-marathon course!

I did a 10-mile training run on Saturday in 1 hour 30 (which for a 14.5 stone fattie like me is not bad!) Felt great afterwards, had a sore knee yesterday (sorry we didn't get a chance to chat) which was OK again this morning so I did a gentle 2-miles before breakfast.

I still think running races should be handicapped, like horse races - let's see Paula Radcliffe try and beat me if she had to haul 14.5 stone around the course!

Hope your thigh clears up soon mate, well-impressed by your Serpentine result!

2:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home