Friday, October 13, 2006

The moment of truth!

Is fast approaching! At some point in the next 48 hours I'm going to have to decide whether or not I'm taking part in the Cardiff marathon. Despite my 15 week build-up a dodgy hamstring threatens to wreck my plans at the last hurdle. Having not run for the last week my leg is feeling much better, but whether or not its ready for 26.2 miles? As Billy Shakespeare once said - 'that is the question'.

I know that the sensible option is to rest and wait for the next marathon, but I can't help thinking what if... I am OK and I'm being too cautious (admittedlt this is not a character trait I particularly well known for!). Of course I've also got to consider the alternative 'what if' of running too soon and doing some serious damage while hobbling to the finish clutching my left thigh?!

Still, while the moment of truth is fast approaching it is not yet upon me and one should never rush to do today what one can and should really do tomorrow (especially when it is the wrong side of 12.30am!).

Watch this space....

4 Comments:

Blogger Roz Lynch said...

Hey Nick, glad to hear ur leg is better, with everything else tonight I never got round to ask, although u seemed to be able to walk ok and were pretty fast at round the table ...I meant to wish u well for the day...if of course u decide to do it...but don't let the comment from the young people about u being in ur early 20s go to ur head...ur legs won't appreciate it...

I'm really only being selfish here...I'm only worried about u being out of action for club...not at all actually worried about ur wellbeing...although it might be worth it to see ur Josh walking better than u!

5:55 PM  
Blogger Thomas said...

YAY!! i think?!

You're fitter than most guys up club. You could actually be in your early teens!

1:06 PM  
Blogger Roz Lynch said...

Thomas and I are assuming that since u haven't blogged about it that u have run...but we debated it further and weren't sure that that was what it would mean...so if soon u could put us out of our misery and tell us that u are still able to walk that would be nice...thanks...from the founding members of the Nick Hanover's Knees Fan Club

5:05 PM  
Blogger Thomas said...

Whoooooooooo! Go Nick!

6:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home