Thursday, July 06, 2006

Steady?!

The running schedule I'm following assumes that I've regularly been doing 25-30miles every week - the truth being I've probably not run 30 miles since last years marathon!

So yesterday I 'adapted' the schedule and opted for a rest day - you've got to build these things up!

Anyway, today I was back on 'the plan' which told me I had to do 4M 'steady' in 29 minutes (roughly), so things were stepping up. Mind you the thought of a 29minute 4-miler didn't sound 'steady'. Still, it was good to stretch the legs a bit and I actually finished in 27:03. I know it really isn't about the times (certainly not at this stage), but I can't help clock watching, here are the breakdowns:

1M - 6:50
2M - 13:40 (6:50)
3M - 20:25 (6:45)
4M - 27:03 (6:38)

I certainly didn't feel like I was getting faster! Thankfully tomorrows another rest day (and this one is on the schedule!).

[Musical inspiration came from Dirty Little Things, The Bluetones and Neneh Cherry]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home