Monday, April 24, 2006

Here's the deal

Yesterday was not the first time that I had watched and encouraged thousands of courageous people running through the streets of London.

I'd been along in 2004 to watch two mates chase each other along 26 rain soaked miles of tarmac. We all got drenched, but it was quite simply one of the best experiences I'd ever had.The sense of comraderie, the spirit of community and the atmposhpere of mutual encouragement was something I'd rarely been apart of, certainly not on the same scale. Virtually a spiritual experience.

So yesterday wasn't my first experience of the London Marathon, but it was my first experience of the marathon... having run it! And I'm not sure I liked it.

Don't get me wrong the whole thing was just as inspiring and enjoyable, but it wasn't the same. It wasn't the same as running it!

So this time next year I know which side of the barricades I want to be on... knees willing?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home